Tuesday, February 18, 2014

Happy People Just Don't Kill Their husbands



This morning, as I swung out of my bed at 5:30am, I was prepared for a dismal day. I was not looking forward to work, nor swim class, nor homework. However, there are lots of things in life that we do even though we do not want to do. So I gathered my things and headed out the door. Work was pretty blah, but another day another dollar right?

I managed to make it through my shift and headed off to swim class. Today we started working on the back stroke. This may seem really easy...it is NOT! I really struggle trying to concentrate on 17 things at once while also trying not to drown. While I was swimming around a beautiful thing happened; I asked myself what I was thinking and I realized the only things that were upon my mind were breathing, rotation, and attempting a flip turn (which are jolly good fun even though I am horrid at them). I began to think about the happiness of not thinking when suddenly my lane partner bonked into me. It was her fault, but it was still quite startling and I decided I should stop thinking about things that don't matter and focus on survival.

Even though I don't always want to go to the pool or the gym, but while I am there I am ever so glad that I am working too hard to worry about anything else. I am sure that I do not have to stress the health benefits of exercise, but I will mention the most important reason to exercise. "Exercise gives you endorphins, endorphins make you happy, and happy people just don't kill their husbands."
So...there you go...the most important reason to exercise. I am planning on continuing this discussion about exercise later after I have read more literature. I intend to keep up on these things but it does take some time. So look forward to that.

Mostly today I just wanted to talk really briefly about what swimming is to me. I love swimming! It is easy in some ways and hard in others. But most of all for whatever reason I love it! Exercise is one of those things that if you do not enjoy what you are doing it is difficult to keep motivation. What is your swimming? Do you love running, dancing, walking, biking, zumba, or water polo? There are thousands or fun ways to exercise out there! Try a new one. Maybe you will like it, maybe you will hate it. Let's try new ones together! Let me know what you love to do!



Do youlike these snazzy goggles? 

1 comment :

  1. 1. You are one of my favorite humans.
    2. I think that it is SO COOL that you're taking a swim class.
    3. Berg introduced me to Zumba. I love the form of exercise itself, but also going with friends makes it more fun.

    ReplyDelete