Monday, July 14, 2014

Let the adventures begin!

I just wanted to type up a quick little post while I am in the airport. I got here way early, mostly because I am my Father's daughter. It took 5 minutes to check my bag and another 15 to get through security. I am confident that it isn't always that easy but I am counting all my blessings! You might have wondered why I haven't posted in a while, guilt. I have some weird guilt complex. I feel guilty sbout a ton of things. I still feel guilty that I hit Jordan Blanchard in the face with a dodgeball in the 6th grade. Anyway I was feeling really guilty that I would add to the comparison problem that we have in our world. 

I hate flipping through Facebook and feeling like everyone on earth is having more fun than I am, so as I prepared for my trip I really wanted to talk about comparing. However, I felt like I was breaking some rules by going to Africa. Hahah but that isn't the answer. The answer is perspective. I don't think that I can eradicate comparison from the world (as much as I would LOVE to). We need to compare things, but we don't need to compare people. Don't compare your life to someone else's. And I beg of you, please don't compare your life to someone's Facebook life. Remember that you have 300 frerinds on Facebook and the 20 that are doing exciting things are posting. Everyone else is flipping through and like them all. The whole pong of Facebook is to compile all the noteworthy things in our lives and share them. So naturally it looks like everyone is doing cool things because they aren't posting the boring, normal, or mundane things. They are finding filters and angles that make their experiances look even more wonderful! But to be fair we should all post normal things too just ton remind everyone that we don't do major things all the time.  Have fun in life and don't stress about what other people are doing. Make memories and don't worry about the price tag. Make lots of memories with loads of wonderful people! I just love you, you beautiful people! Now my next post will be from Uganda! Ahhhhh! 

Just in case you didn't know where it is, here is the giant map with a giant sign! Hahaha I don't know why but I love this map a lot! 


I know this was short but I just wanted to personally talk to all of you. Since that is not possible, a post was needed! 

Facebook and iMessage is available! 

This week, clear out your social media. Social media is awesome, it allows me to stay up with all of y'all. But if you struggle with comparing your life to those posts you see on Facebook, clear yours out. 

     What was I thinking?!?
That I love Africa!!! 

1 comment :

  1. My favorite is the worry face, because I am sure that is what Mom is thinking 3/4ths of the time and yet still excited for you.

    ReplyDelete